Flyer / Poster / leaflet also called a circular, handbill or leaflet, is a form of paper advertisement intended for wide distribution and typically posted or distributed in a public place or through the mail.
Flyer / Poster / leaflet may be used by individuals, businesses, or organizations to:
- Promote a good or service, such as a restaurant or company
- Persuade or send a social, religious, or political message, as in evangelism or political campaign activities on behalf of a political party or candidate. Flyers have been used in armed conflict: for example, airborne leaflet propaganda has been a tactic of psychological warfare.
- Recruit members
- Advertise an event such as a music concert, nightclub appearance, festival, or political rally
Like postcards, pamphlets and small posters, flyers are a low-cost form of mass marketing or communication. There are many different flyer formats. Some examples are:
- A4 (roughly letterhead size)
- A5 (roughly half letterhead size)
- DL (compliments slip size)
- A6 (postcard size)